Welcome to HeartReach - Bolt For The Heart. We are a non-profit organization serving Indiana. HeartReach Carmel was established in 2010 by Pierre Twer and Friends and is an extension of Heart Reach Michiana which was founded by Dr. Walt Halloran and friends in 2004. Heart Reach was established to keep monies raised locally to stay locally and impact the community close to home.
- The fundraising efforts for HeartReach Carmel will be generated through various Family oriented outdoor activities. Fundraising included sponsorship of the Boston marathon and the HeartReach - Bolt for the Heart Family Run/Walk Series..
- The Mission of HeartReach Carmel is to serve the central Indiana community, particularly those affected by heart disease, through education, financial support and direct assistance.
- Financial Support is given to programs in the Central Indiana area that address heart disease prevention, stroke awareness, smoking cessation and healthy lifestyles.
- Direct assistance includes supporting local schools, churches and community organizations by purchasing and placing automated external defibrillators (AEDs) at their facilities free of charge and training their staffs on their successful usage.
HeartReach Carmel has directly donated over $100,000 in AED's and equipment in the Central Indiana area, as well as placed many AEDs in organizations and facilities. We have also worked with Lori Anderson from Carmel, Indiana whose passion and efforts for addressing Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness has facilitated the placement of 211 AED's in the Carmel area including units placed in every Carmel police car, Carmel Clay School Officer vehicles and the Carmel Streets Department offices. We are also had a role in assisting Troy Pflugner with Cardiac Sciences Corporation in the placement of 89 AED units at all Hamilton County Government, Health, Juvenile Correction offices and in each of the 65 Sheriff vehicles in Hamilton County.
Local organizations who have received AEDs:
- Rushville Elementary School
- Northview Church Cross Country Ministries
- Guerin High School
- Center Grove Athletic Department
- Central Catholic Schools
- Holy name of Jesus Christ Schools
- St Luke's United Methodist Church
- Irvington Presbyterian Church
- Harding Poorman Group
- Wheeler Mission Men's Ministry
- Jewish Community Center
- Union City Police and Fire Departments
- Dylan Williams Family, Union City
- Zion Hope Baptist Church
- First Baptist Church and Child Athletic program - 2 units
- Mississinawa High School Athletic Department - 2 Units
- East Randolph Athletic Department - 2 Units
- Union City Police Department - 2 Units
- Etz Shaim Jewish Temple
- Rushville Elementary School
- Carmel Dads Club - 8 Units
- Carmel United Soccer Club - 5 units
- Jake West Foundation - LaPorte, IN
- Covington Girl's Youth Softball
- Covington Boy's Youth Baseball
- Covington Youth Soccer
- Park Caretaker Facilities - Covington, IN
- Heart Savers - Evansville, IN
- Covington Community School Corporation - 5 units (High School, Middle School, Middle School Gymnasium/Multi-Purpose Room)
- Covington Friendship Circle Center
- Covington Trophy Complex
Board of Directors
President - Pierre Twer - St. Jude Sales manager
Kevin Clancey - Retired Executive, Delphi
Art Coffey, MD - Director of Cardiovascular Surgery, Indiana University Health Cardiovascular
Greg Dedinsky, MD - Community Heart and Vascular Care Surgeon
Greg Elsner, MD - St. Vincent Cardiologist
Michael J. Highum, CPCU - Vice President of Marketing for McGowan Insurance Group
Joseph Muldoon - Chief Executive Officer - FAST Biomedical
Tim Thoman - President, Performance Services
HRC Advisory Board
Sam Odle - Senior Policy Advisor Bose Public Affairs